Senior Account Executive
Kamloops, B.C. / Remote
We're growing fast.
Lightship is poised for aggressive growth and seeks a rising-star team member to help take its game to the next level as an Account Executive.
This role will report to the Sales Director. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere. The Account Executive role is focused on developing new, direct commercial relationships with the largest companies in the world.
We believe that our technology has the power to change business. A bold statement that we don’t take lightly. It’s the challenge that fuels us and motivates the work we do. With Lightship, be prepared to think big and break new ground.
We are open to remote individuals for this role.
- Systematically research and develop prospects consistent with Lightship strategic sales programs and in coordination with inside sales, sales engineering, and operations.
- Independently execute entire sales-cycle, including tactics development and execution, contract development and negotiation and collaboration with sales, onboarding and customer success resources (includes working with middle-management and C-level executives at prospects).
- Build and deepen executive relationships with a strategic customer base to help influence their long-term technology and business decisions.
- Add value and be viewed as a trusted advisor by bringing compelling insights and ideas with follow through execution.
- Lead detailed account strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working cross functionally with multiple lines of business to maximize business impact.
- Be a product expert to facilitate sales.
- Plan and execute an evangelist (influencer) strategy through company, personal and developed market contacts to drive sales.
- Plan and execute sales roll-out within a customer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Degree in business administration, computer science, computer information systems or engineering preferred.
- Five or more years of quota-carrying experience in new business development for an enterprise software company.
- Two or more years of experience selling SaaS, cloud and/or integration products.
- Experience with complex solution selling and selling large transactions.
- High degree of comfort with public speaking and giving presentations, including product demos.
- We offer a competitive compensation plan which includes a base salary, commissions, and access to contribute in the company’s benefit and ESOP plan.
- Travel could increase to 50% (Covid-19 dependent)
- This is a work from home position, with a designated office location for periodic in-office work
Lightship offers a leading business management and automation solution.
Our platform allows companies to manage, automate, and complete work across their operations (in field, in facility, in office). Intuitive, consumer-oriented web and mobile apps allow you to easily see exactly what’s going on, what you need to do, and to configure and monitor automated processes to accomplish data-driven tasks quickly and reliably. We seamlessly integrate automated processes with human resources, augmenting human abilities and accomplishing more work with fewer errors.
Lightship is a high growth company that offers employees a supportive work environment. We believe in maintaining a strong work life balance and believe that great things happen through hard work and collaboration. We are looking for self-starters that want to join a winning team environment!
Lightship is based in Western Canada, with operations in the United States and abroad.
HOW TO APPLY
Please answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- Why do you want to work at Lightship? In other words, what about this job and Lightship stood out to you?
- How did you find out about us?
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck?
Email everything to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. If you attach a resume, please send it as a PDF file. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here. We look forward to hearing from you!