Kamloops, B.C. / Remote
We're growing fast.
We’re looking for a talented, motivated, genuinely good person to join our team as Finance Director.
We’re transforming how companies…transform. We’re an innovative, venture capital-backed technology company with operations in North America, South America and the Middle East.
We offer a one-of-a-kind service for no-code and low-code automation with web and mobile apps to get work done. Companies can do work, monitor everything and improve automations and human performance, all in one application. We’re now disrupting several verticals.
We’re an expert, highly analytical and creative team. We’re good people. Our staff and partners are like family. We seek hard-working, good-natured team members who demand fun at work, and personal, peer and company achievement.
The Finance Director will lead accounting and FP&A, as well as support financing and strategic initiatives. Our leaders work hand-in-hand with their teams, with a heavy focus on execution and team member well-being, and supporting high performance. This role will work collaboratively with and at the direction of the company senior leaders, and report to the CFO. Be prepared to think big, always with a get-it-done, positive attitude, and to break new ground.
We have headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and Chicago, Illinois, USA. We are open to remote individuals for this role, reporting periodically into one of the headquarters.
- Direct all budgeting, forecasting, AP and AR, control and cash management functions, including reporting
- Establish highly optimized finance and accounting operations, including FP&A, including tasks, processes, systems, etc.
- Perform daily controller and FP&A activities
- Assist set, measure and report business area KPIs
- Project manage acquisition target diligence and acquisition integration activities
- Support strategic initiatives, including corporate development activities
- Create and perform customer ROI analyses alongside customer success and sales in support of their activities to close contracts and expansions
- Manage tax, insurance and related vendor relationships and programs, including in support of HR
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to excellence, integrity and high-performance standards.
- Excellent (and demonstrated) written and oral communication skills in both technical and non-technical settings.
- Excellent (and demonstrated) presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Proven ability to mentor and manage sales and marketing team-members
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills coupled with a desire to always be learning more about ‘what’s next’
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Data-driven and self-motivated.
- Able to manage a diverse set of sometimes competing priorities
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- CPA, MBA and/or graduate degree in accounting, finance, or another professional field
- 4+ years of big firm accounting
- 5+ years of experience and evidenced success in finance and accounting in a growing business with increasing levels of responsibility and accountability
- Desirable to have experience in a customer-facing role with commercial and P&L accountability
- Desirable to have M&A or other strategic transaction execution experience
- Demonstrated experience and success establishing best-in-practice processes and technology within a finance and accounting function
- Demonstrated experience and success in accounting, financial (budget, cash flow, investment) planning and analysis, as well as tactical execution and project management
- Demonstrated experience and success building and leading teams, and a desire to get your hands dirty and build
- A joy for life, desire for play, high expectations in personal and professional conduct, strong work ethic and a drive to win
Lightship offers a leading business management and automation solution.
Our platform allows companies to manage, automate, and complete work across their operations (in field, in facility, in office). Intuitive, consumer-oriented web and mobile apps allow you to easily see exactly what’s going on, what you need to do, and to configure and monitor automated processes to accomplish data-driven tasks quickly and reliably. We seamlessly integrate automated processes with human resources, augmenting human abilities and accomplishing more work with fewer errors.
Lightship is a high growth company that offers employees a supportive work environment. We believe in maintaining a strong work life balance and believe that great things happen through hard work and collaboration. We are looking for self-starters that want to join a winning team environment!
Lightship is based in Western Canada, with operations in the United States and abroad.
HOW TO APPLY
Please answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- Why do you want to work at Lightship? In other words, what about this job and Lightship stood out to you?
- How did you find out about us?
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck?
Email everything to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. If you attach a resume, please send it as a PDF file. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here. We look forward to hearing from you!