Director of Marketing.
We're growing fast.
Lightship is looking for a Director of Marketing to join our team to lead marketing efforts.
This role would lead our marketing team and would be involved in tactical execution for marketing, as well as other areas of the business to help the company meet specific near-term goals.
As we grow, we continue to seek all-star individuals that will bring their whole self to our team and meaningfully contribute to culture. The right person will bring a positive attitude, internal drive to achieve and collaborative approach to optimally execute marketing activities, and assist to streamline and supercharge sales and marketing.
We believe in maintaining a strong work life balance and know that extraordinary things happen through a combination of support, collaboration, and effort. We’re protective of the culture, and careful about hiring. But if you’re that special self-starter looking to join a winning team, you’d love it here.
We are open to remote individuals for this role.
- Lead the development of strategic marketing plans to meet quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives of the company.
- Lead the development of tactical marketing plans and implementation to meet quantitative and qualitative goals and objectives of the company, including, as may be determined, with respect to tactics: digital media (across channels and assets); marketing automation; influencer programs; public relations (including to build company and leader personas); trade and thought leadership forums; print, direct mail and other tactical programs.
- Develop, maintain and allocate approved marketing budgets.
- Develop and maintain approved analytical tracking, tools, systematic procedures, and KPIs for the marketing function, including on spend, individual tactic, program and internal and external resource use bases to achieve and exceed KPIs. This will include among other things:
- Own revenue reporting end-to-end, including lead, opportunity and deal staging process/automations, dashboard construction, and overall data integrity, including as relates to each respective marketing program
- Collaborate with members of the sales and marketing team, including contractors, to build, launch, and manage world-class digital paid and unpaid media programs and DRIP campaigns for the company that drive down conversion cost while increasing high-quality MQLs through sales closings.
- Obsessively work to improve organic website, social media program, influencer program and other tactical performance through identifying SEO and viral opportunities that drive more organic MQLs.
- Establish and run site testing strategy, including both qualitative and quantitative testing, to drive more MQLs from existing traffic.
- Develop and coordinate the production of marketing materials (digital and otherwise) as applies to each tactic, and work with the Marketing Specialist to produce marketing materials.
- Lead new product and new product feature communication rollout planning and execution, collaborating with the product and sales functions.
- Coordinate, manage and report on market research and competitive analyses, including with live interactions with market participants, collaborating with sales and product functions.
- Develop plans, programs, and promotions to improve market penetration and meet corporate quantitative and qualitative objectives.
- Implement procedures to ensure a consistent corporate voice and image throughout all marketing efforts, company communications and product presentation.
- Attend online and in-person seminars, conventions, conferences, and other forums for thought leadership and networking; socialize with influencers and other key contacts; prepare related reports and analyses.
- Coordinate with Sales Director to lead RFP, RFI, and proposals strategy and development; coordinates with business leaders to prepare content.
- Assume primary ownership for corporate websites content, look/feel, and functionality. Interface with the technical development team.
- Interview, hire, and train marketing team members; plan, assign, and direct marketing team work; appraise performance; mentor and engage team to ensure high performance and culture; addresses complaints and resolve marketing team issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to excellence, integrity and high performance standards. Excellent (and demonstrated) written and oral communication skills in both technical and non-technical settings.
- Excellent (and demonstrated) presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Proven ability to mentor and manage sales and marketing team-members.
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills coupled with a desire to always be learning more about ‘what’s next’.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Data-driven and self-motivated.
- Able to manage a diverse set of sometimes competing priorities.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, with a higher degree a plus.
- Proven achievement with at least 4 years experience marketing to companies B2B in one or more of any of the following verticals: utilities, energy, mining, manufacturing, financial services, and healthcare.
- Proven achievement with at least 4 years experience marketing SAAS software related to operations and/or business automation.
- Proven experience running a robust, streamlined and organized HubSpot instance, or equivalent CRM software, and other standard sales and marketing tools.
- Able to deftly handle revenue reporting and analysis at all stages of the pipeline using tools such as Google Analytics, demand generation software (ClearBit etc), CRM, and even Excel/Google Sheets, where needed.
- Demonstrated ability in running digital media campaigns that perform on platforms including, but not limited to, paid and unpaid search (Google/Bing Ads), paid and unpaid social (Linked In Ads, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Other), and software evaluation websites (Capterra, G2 Crowd).
- Ability to continuously optimize websites from both an SEO lens (using tools such as Moz, or equivalent), and also usability lens (using tools such as Google Optimize, HotJar, or their equivalents).
Lightship offers a leading business management and automation solution.
Our platform allows companies to manage, automate, and complete work across their operations (in field, in facility, in office). Intuitive, consumer-oriented web and mobile apps allow you to easily see exactly what’s going on, what you need to do, and to configure and monitor automated processes to accomplish data-driven tasks quickly and reliably. We seamlessly integrate automated processes with human resources, augmenting human abilities and accomplishing more work with fewer errors.
Lightship is based in Western Canada, with operations in the United States and abroad.
HOW TO APPLY
Please answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- Why do you want to work at Lightship? In other words, what about this job and Lightship stood out to you?
- How did you find out about us?
- Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck?
Email everything to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line. If you attach a resume, please send it as a PDF file. Feel free to get creative with your application, but make sure you’ve followed all of the rules mentioned here. We look forward to hearing from you!